Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September 17: Get a Job, No Answer, Praying

"It isn't fantastic.  I'd get a job.  Don't worry about that.  You don't have to worry about that.  What's the matter?  Don't you want to go with me?  Say so, if you don't."

Yes, Holden fantasizes about running away from home, finding a job, and leading a bucolic life in the woods as a pretend mute.  Obviously, he never follows through on this fantasy.  He has a breakdown instead.

Speaking of breakdowns, you're probably wondering whether I'm still employed by the church.  Yes, the church board met last night.  Yes, the church board had a very long discussion about the subject.  Yes, a decision was made.  The decision was to eliminate my current position and come up with a job description/pay scale for another position I currently hold in the church.  (If you didn't follow the logic of that statement, don't try too hard.  There isn't much logic in it.)  Not only that, but I will also have to apply and interview for said job.  That I currently already have.

I don't understand it, either.  It all boils down to the fact that I really got no answer last night.  So, I'm pretty much in the same place I was last night.  Limbo.  And there's no better way to get out of limbo than through prayer.

Dear God,

I know that You know that I know You know, ya know?  You know what's in my heart.  You know what's best for me.  You also know I have a very difficult time letting go of the reins of my life.  Tonight, I'm reluctantly stepping off the driver's seat of the stagecoach.  You are in charge, and I guess I'll accept whatever You send my way.  I don't really have a choice.

All I'm asking is that You watch out for my kids and my wife.  I don't want to see them struggle or suffer.  I will do whatever You ask of me, as long as it doesn't involve any kind of rodent.  Please keep my family safe.

Your loving child,

Saint Marty

Don't ask me to do it, God

No comments:

Post a Comment