Friday, September 27, 2013

September 27: Relax, Sort of, Fairy Tale

I began to relax, sort of.  I mean I finally quit worrying about whether they'd catch me at home or not.  I figured the hell with it.  If they did, they did.

Holden is at the point where he doesn't really give a crap what happens to him.  He doesn't care whether his parents find out that he's been kicked out of Pencey Prep.  Basically, he's tired of the stress and worry.  I think he's realized he's not in control of his life.  He's waving a white flag.

I'm waving a white flag tonight, too.  It's been a crazy couple of days, and I am b-e-a-t.  I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday, and today is almost over.  I literally got home about 40 minutes ago.  I left home around noon and spent most of my day attending meetings, running errands, and driving my daughter to a dance lesson.  Oh, and I went to church to practice some pieces on the pipe organ for Sunday.

Tomorrow, my wife's family is coming over for a birthday party for my son.  He turned five yesterday.  My wife is making the cake as I sit here typing this post.  Yes, this is the day that is never going to end.  I want to go to bed.

Which reminds me of a story.

Once upon a time, a lumberjack named Chuck Wood lived in an enchanted forest.  Every day, all day, Chuck chopped wood with a magic ax, selling his lumber at the local farmer's market every Saturday.

One night, Chuck was so tired that he forgot his magic ax in a clearing in the enchanted forest.  When he got back to his cottage, he immediately went to bed, not even realizing his ax was missing.  In the morning, he returned to the clearing to find that his magic ax had been stolen.

Moral of the story:  Without his ax, how much wood can Chuck Wood chuck if Chuck Wood would chuck wood?

And Saint Marty lived happily ever after.

Who cares how much wood gets chucked?  Not this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment