Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November 23: Thanksgiving Eve, Decorating Again, Daughter's Dinners

'Twas the day before Thanksgiving, and all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring, except Daddy dragging his ass to work...

Yes, it was a little difficult getting up this morning.  I'm in need of about a gallon of something cold and caffeinated.  I stayed up way too late last night to catch the finale of Dancing With the Stars, and now I'm truly paying for it.  I don't know why I bothered watching.  I've been saying since about the second week that J. R. Martinez was going to win, and (surprise, surprise) J. R. Martinez won last night.  I could have gone to bed about two hours earlier and not have missed anything.  (For those of my disciples who think I'm a loser for watching this television show, I have only one thing to say:  you're right.)

On the docket at work today is completing the Christmas decorating.  I have one more area to deck the halls in, and then I can sit back and enjoy the Yuletide ambiance.  Of course, it's the area that takes the most time and effort.  However, I don't have to teach today, so I have the whole day in which to get my Christmas on.

Yesterday, my daughter made dinner for the second night in a row.  On Monday, it was mashed potatoes for the main dish, and a bowl of vanilla ice cream with whipped topping for dessert.  Last night, she prepared a lovely bowl of brown rice with a banana smoothie for dessert.  She proudly told me that she used up the last of her ice cream for the smoothie.  Plus, she did the dishes, dried them, and put them away.  Tonight, I'm going to teach her to make scrambled eggs.  Allow a father to gush a little bit.  I have the most beautiful and considerate daughter in the entire universe.

And she makes a mean bowl of potatoes to boot...
Well, Christmas decorations await.

Saint Marty wishes you all a happy Thanksgiving Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment