Thursday, November 17, 2011

November 17: Locked Out, Good Books, Devotions

I'm a little ticked off right now.  I just tried to log into my e-mail account at the university, several times.  I made sure I was using the correct username and password, and yet it just didn't work.  Now, as you can probably surmise, because of my multiple login attempts, I am currently locked out of my account.  I have to contact the Help Desk after 8 a.m. to rectify the problem.  Needless to say, this development has put me in a pretty pissy mood.

Last night, while I was at choir practice at church, I missed a phone call from the head of the English Department.  He's working on next semester's class schedules and wanted to talk about my assignments.  My wife spoke with him, and he mentioned trying to get me two of the same class (either Good Books or Mythology).  That would mean only one class prep for semester.  If I could have my ideal semester, I would choose two sections of Good Books.  I like teaching this class, and I think I'm pretty good at it.  I have to call the Department Head this morning to talk turkey.  (Please excuse the Thanksgiving metaphor.  I still have yesterday's potluck on my brain, I guess.)

My other concern this morning involves the Advent Devotional I'm trying to get assembled at church.  I currently have three people who have not turned in their devotions.  That means I have to get three more devotions written by tomorrow.  The pastor and his wife have volunteered to write another devotion for me.  That leaves one for me to write. 

OK.  I can do that.  It annoys the crap out of me, but I can do it, along with organizing the Hanging of the Greens service for the First Sunday of Advent, rehearsing the Christmas Sunday School Program for the Third Sunday of Advent, and helping to put together a benefit Christmas Concert for Toys for Tots and the local food bank.

Is it me, or do I have too many kettles on the burner at the moment?

He said it yesterday, and he's going to say it again:  Saint Marty needs a vacation.
Pretty much says it all

No comments:

Post a Comment