Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November 15: Ding, Dong, the Essay's Done

I finally finished the Christmas essay.  I e-mailed it to the radio station this morning.  Now, I just have to wait to hear back from them about a time to come in and record it.  That, of course, depends on whether they really want to air it.  It's a little darker than my previous contributions to their holiday broadcasts.  We'll see.  I haven't heard back from them yet, which may indicate they are trying to compose a carefully worded response to me that basically says, "Uh, thanks, but no thanks."

Just getting ready to head out to teach mythology this afternoon.  The myths of Crete today--Minos and Theseus and Daedalus and Icarus.  It ought to be a blast.  And then on to The Bell Jar for tomorrow.  The hits just keep on coming.

I'm trying to keep my head above water, but, sometimes, I start sinking.  I don't think I'm sinking, yet.  Although I did have a dream last night that I was on the Titanic as it was going under.  I wonder if that's significant?

As Dory says in Finding Nemo, Saint Marty's motto right now is "Just keep swimming."

One of my heroes

No comments:

Post a Comment