Monday, November 14, 2011

November 14: Almost Done, Getting Grouchy, Christmas Essay

I'm almost done writing the Christmas essay I've been working on for the last week and a half.  I can tell I'm almost done because I getting really impatient with the material.  I just worked on it for another hour or so a little while ago, and nothing I wrote really seemed good enough.  When I reach this point in the process, the end has to be in sight.  I just wish I could see what the ending is going to be.

I just spoke with my wife on the phone.  She's not feeling well and has lost most of her voice.  I have to pick up a prescription for her on the way home.  I kind of cut her short because I'm so preoccupied with this essay.  Even though I'm working on other stuff, I'm still writing in my head.  I can't stop it.  I'm going to have to apologize when I get home for getting grouchy.

I really hate myself like this.  I hate being a neurotic writer, self-centered and obsessive.  It's no wonder most really successful authors are alcoholic or mentally ill or divorced.  I don't even like being around myself right now.  Hopefully, this project will be completed by tomorrow morning.  If it isn't, I pity the people I have to be around.  I feel like I should wear a sign around my neck:

Beware:  Saint Marty at work!

Don't come knocking on my trashcan tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment