Saturday, November 12, 2011

November 12: Internet, Christmas Dance, Stag Night

First, I want to let you know that I do have a new installment of Confessions of Saint Marty done.  However, I do not have ready access to a scanner.  I usually got to my sister's house to use her scanner.  Her Internet connection has been down since the snowstorm on Thursday.  Therefore, there may be no new cartoons this weekend.  I will still draw them to amuse myself, but they probably won't be posted until next week some time.  Not my fault.  Blame the weather.

Second, I just dropped my daughter off at dance class.  She's supposed to be doing a liturgical dance at the Christmas Eve service at church this year.  She went to the dance studio loaded with Christmas CDs.  I have the song I would love to see her dance to, titled "Winter Snow" by Chris Tomlin, who is one of my favorite writers of contemporary Christian music.  The song is sung by Audrey Assad, and it will literally bring you to your knees.  It's that beautiful.  If you don't believe me, just listen...


Told you so.  I really hope that my daughter chooses this song.  I'd love to see her dancing to it.  If she doesn't choose it, I'll survive.  But I may tell her I'm heartbroken.  See if I can change her mind.

Third, I'm going to be home with my son alone tonight.  My wife is going to a musical with a friend (a high school production of Le Miserables.)  That's right, it's a stag night.  Maybe my son and I will rent a couple of dirty movies, kick back, and drink beer.  Or I might just read some work for school, write a little on my Christmas essay, and watch The Lawrence Welk Show on PBS.  We'll see what my three-year-old wants to do.  He does walk on the wild side at times.

Again, sorry there's no cartoon today.  I can tell you that the cartoon I drew is friggin' hysterical.  You'll just have to wait and see.

Saint Marty has to pick up his daughter now.

No comments:

Post a Comment