Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November 2: Gray Day, Apologies, Work

It has been a very gray day, in more ways than weather.  This morning, I found out that a good friend has a daughter who just received some very serious health news.  It sort of put a pall over the rest of the day for me.  I've been thinking about my friend and her family all day.  It's hard for me to know how to help them.  One of my other friends is planning on cooking something for them.  At the moment, all I can think to do is pray.

It's sad, but prayer is usually the last thing people turn to.  First, you try to fix the problem yourself.  When that doesn't work , you turn to the most appropriate professional.  Doctor.  Lawyer.  Psychiatrist.  McDonald's fry cook.  Then, when all else fails, you think of praying.  That's all back-asswards.  I have learned through my life's lessons that prayer shouldn't be the last resort.  It should be the first.  Because, in a lot of situations, prayer is the only thing that's going to do any good.

I must apologize for the fact that I have no new poem for you today.  I've started writing one, but just haven't found the time to sit and concentrate on it.  Perhaps I will get it done tomorrow for my disciples.  No promises at the moment.  I still have much to accomplish for my mythology class tomorrow afternoon.

That's all I have for ya this evening.  A plea for prayer and an apology.

Saint Marty hasn't been a very good saint or blogger or poet today.

Not the last resort...

No comments:

Post a Comment