Friday, September 9, 2011

September 9: No Complaint Morning

This morning, I'm not going to complain about anything, per the advice of Wonder Twin.  This morning, I'm not going to complain about being tired.  This morning, I'm not going to complain about staring at the wall in my office cubicle.  This morning, I'm not going to complain about all the people who are in my personal space.  I'm not going to do it, because I'm not a complainer.

Which leaves me with nothing else to say...

Just kidding.  I spoke with my daughter before she headed off to the bus stop this morning.  I've been struck by how grown-up she sounds when I've spoken with her on the phone these first few mornings before she heads off for school.  It makes me proud, but it also makes me a little sad.  She doesn't need me to help her quite so much anymore.  As an overprotective father, that's a hard pill to swallow.  However, she still calls me "daddy," which makes me feel a little better.  She's turning into quite the little lady, full of independence.  It amazes me that she's gotten so much more mature, and I haven't aged one bit in the last ten years.

Yesterday evening, I went to a local restaraunt to listen to some friends perform with their band.  I sat for two hours and listened to them sing Talking Heads, Stevie Nicks, Linda Ronstadt, and Adele tunes.  It was really relaxing.  The sun was out.  The air was mild.  The margaritas were only three dollars.  You couldn't ask for anything better on a Thursday night in early September.

I am ready for the weekend to begin.  Ready to kick back a little bit.  And it's payday.

Saint Marty doesn't have anything to complain about. 

My new mantra, for the time being...

No comments:

Post a Comment