Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September 7: New View, New Desk, Old Attitude

While I was away from the office this weekend (and Monday and Tuesday), my desk situation got changed at work.  Now, instead of having a nice view of the waiting room and window, I have a nice view of a wall.  As I sit here typing this post, I'm looking into the corner of a cubicle.  I have no idea what's behind me.  There could be a drooling ax murderer/sex offender sneaking up on me right now, and I am totally clueless.  Perhaps that's a good thing.  If I turn my back to the world, I have fewer problems to handle.  Perhaps I need to embrace this new world view.  Maybe God is trying to send me a message.  Less distraction, more introspection.  Or, maybe, screw the world, it screws you.

As you can tell, my view and desk may have changed, but I still have the same old attitude.  I don't know how I can't have a bad attitude when I'm arbitrarily shifted around my place of work like an old stapler.  Oh, well.  This, too, shall pass.  Tomorrow, I will have something new to complain about.  At the moment, I'm having a difficult time mustering up enthusiasm for my work.  I feel like I've been given a time out, sent to the corner because I didn't log off my computer last night.  Punishment.  That's what this feels like.

Saint Marty's been a bad boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment