Tuesday, September 20, 2011

September 20: Looking Up, Good Times, Blessings

I spent a good deal last night feeling sorry for myself, even after yesterday afternoon's post about counting my blessings.  I just couldn't shake the mood I was in.  I guess I would describe the mood as a I-might-as-well-just-stay-in-bed-and-eat-Cheetos-until-I-suffer-a-heart-attack-because-I-just-can't-seem-to-get-ahead-at-all mood.  Is that specific enough for you?

This morning, I'm vowing to pick myself up, dust myself off, and put myself back in the game.  I'm going to start looking up instead of down or backward or sideways or out of my ass (translation:  no shitty attitude).  I firmly believe in keeping your vision focused on God.  If you do that, He does great things, like part the Red Sea, cure people of leprosy, and make Chaz Bono dance well (for a transgendered fat man).  My mantra for today, then, is, "Look up."

The other part of this process is being aware of the blessings in your life.  I have a great family, great friends, and great coworkers.  I have not one, but two jobs that don't require me to wear a uniform and work a deep fryer.  And I have a blog that's been named a Blog of Note.  Oh, wait.  That hasn't happened.  Sorry, I sort of got carried away.  You get the idea, though.  My can of Diet Mountain Dew is half-full, not half-empty.  Actually, at the moment, I don't have a can of Dew.  I need to rectify that situation.

Things are looking up for Saint Marty.

If God can do this, He can make me a Blog of Note.


No comments:

Post a Comment