Saturday, September 3, 2011

September 3: Best Friend, New Cartoon, Poetry

I got to visit my pastor friend from downstate this morning.  He came to McDonald's, and we spent two hours talking and laughing.  Our visit made me realize how much I miss him living near me.  I haven't seen him since last May.  As my loyal disicples know, my pastor friend and I used to go to Big Boy, eat, and write poetry.  A tradition that was known as Manly Man Poetry Night.  Unfortunately, there was no poetry or onion rings the size of my head this morning.  The visit was too short.  He has to preach tomorrow at his church.  However, he did stay long enough for me to get the picture below.

My wife, me, and my pastor friend
After breakfast, I helped load up bnad equipment for the Blues Fest tomorrow.  I'm a little nervous about the gig, since I'm playing with people who are musically gifted and/or have been playing professionally for years and years.  They make me look like I know what I'm doing.  If you're in Marquette, Michigan, tomorrow morning and want to hear some good gospel/blues featuring me on the keyboard, stop by the Lower Harbor at noon.

After breaking my back loading speakers and guitars and a really heavy keyboard into a truck, I went to my poet friend's to look over some poetry for the magazine Passages North, of which I've just been made an assistant poetry editor.  Spent a couple of hours doing that.  I really enjoyed talking about poetry with someone who really cares.  Usually, I only get that with my wife, and I have to catch her between naps.

I do have a new cartoon tonight.  This is a version of the cartoon won by Wonder Twin for the Name My Muffin contest.  Which reminds me, all of you out there have one more post before the Name that Poem contest closes.  So far, Wonder Twin is again the only entrant.  I'm looking for some more brave souls willing to put themselves on the line.  If you're not familiar with the rules of the contest, check out post number 300 on August 29.  You still have a chance.

Saint Marty is gettin' his blues on tomorrow.

Confessions of Saint Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment