Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1: Quick Post, Meeting, Being Positive

This post is going to have to be fast.  I have to teach my Mythology class in just a few minutes.  I'm sure the burning question in all your minds is whether or not I've been able to maintain my positive feeling from this morning.  The answer is....no.

The department meeting turned into something that made me angry and defensive for a good portion of the morning.  I didn't enjoy it at all.  The whole thing took me by surprise, and I had a hard time remaining cool and collected.  Actually, I don't think I remained cool and collected, but I didn't tell anyone to eat my shit, to paraphrase a character from The Help.  That should count for something.

Now, I have to go face a classroom of students and try to act like my day hasn't been an exercise in frustration.  At least I get to give a quiz and show a film.  It should be fairly stress-free.  That was my goal for this week of teaching.  As little stress as possible.

Saint Marty will try to be poetic tonight.  We'll see what he comes up with.

If I had hair, this is what I'd look like

No comments:

Post a Comment