Friday, September 30, 2011

September 30: Charlie Brown, Stats, Counting Valentines

Well, on this last day of September, I just checked the viewing stats for Saint Marty, and I'm happy to report that my blog has a steadily increasing number of hits.  I don't know if this increase has anything to do with the content of my posts or if I'm just picking random labels which get me a lot of hits from Google.  It doesn't matter to me.  What counts is that I feel as though I'm popular with a lot of strangers.  Now I know how George Clooney feels.

Or Charlie Brown.  See, every morning I check my viewing stats from the previous day.  Then I check them again.  And again.  And again.  And again.  I'm sort of like Charlie Brown going to his mailbox all the time to check for Christmas cards or valentines.  It's pathetic, I know.  However, seeing a day where my blog gets over 100 page views gives me a sense of accomplishment.  I'm Charlie Brown getting a valentine from the little red-haired girl.

Now if I could just get more people to sign up as followers, or send me actual comments, I'd be the happiest saint in the world.  I may even, eventually, be named a Blog of Note.  That would be like Charlie Brown being selected as homecoming king.  It's up to all my disciples out there.

Come on, make Saint Charlie Brown's dreams come true.

Dreams can come true!

1 comment:

  1. Well hello Saint Marty, your blog is the first blog I believe I have ever joined. I accidently posted in an early blog so i decided to post this in the most updated one. I stumbled upon your website because I am hosting a poetry night and needed some images for my flyers. I started reading and really enjoyed your humor, and your mission statement. I also need to clean up life's messes, and lets just say I have a shit load of cleaning to do. It looks like you haven't updated this in a while, but you now have one more follower.



    peace and blessings,
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete