Thursday, September 29, 2011

September 29: Morning Work, Afternoon Meetings, Tonight Book Club

The title of this post pretty much sums up my day.  I have a few things to accomplish this morning.  I am going to put the finishing touches on my poetry collection and mail it off to the contest.  I changed the title of it yet again.  It started out as Lenten Psalms.  Boring.  Then I changed it to Exaltation of Larks.  Better.  I was happy with that for a few days.  However, after my revisions, I have chosen another line from one of the poems in the collection as my final title.  Thus, the title of my new collection of poems is...

Knuckles of Angels

Kind of catchy, I think.  That title would make me stop and browse.  I just have to key in one or two more small revisions, and then that puppy is going off into the world to discover fame.  I will be greatly relieved when that project is done.

This afternoon, I have a couple meetings to attend.  The first is the weekly meeting for the poetry geeks at Passages North magazine.  We will be going over the final proofs for the next issue.  Close editing.  Something I've been doing on my own work for the past week.  The second meeting involves the adjuncts at the university where I teach.  We have been trying to unionize for the past three or four years, and it finally looks like it's going to come to pass.  We are having an informational meeting tonight about the final step.  (The one big thing I would want as part of the union in the new contract would be free tuition for the kids of long-term adjuncts.  We'll see if it happens.)

Good book, people

And then tonight my book club descends on my house for our monthly get-together.  Good food.  Really good book.  The Ice Queen by Alice Hoffman.  Not quite finished with it, yet.
  But I will by tonight.

That's Saint Marty's life today.  Anybody want to trade?

P.S.  Don't forget, there's only seven more shopping days until Saint Marty's Day.  October 5.  Mark it on your calendars.  Sing your Saint Marty's Day carols.  Buy your Saint Marty's Day presents.  Deck them halls.  All that jazz.


No comments:

Post a Comment