Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1: New Day, Better Attitude

Welcome to the first day of September.  In case you are worried, I'm in a much better mood than I was yesterday.  I no longer want everyone I meet to die, and I'm not having a hard time remaining upbeat.  In fact, this morning I have a department meeting for the medical office in which I work, and I'm sort of looking forward to it.  Well, I'm not dreading it, anyway, which is a step in the right direction.

If you read the poem I posted yesterday afternoon, please go back and reread it now.  I have changed it quite a bit, and it is a MUCH better poem.  Yesterday, my mood influenced my ability to tell good writing from bad writing.  When I got home last night, I examined my work and found it less than poetic.  Therefore, I made a few revisions.  I'm much happier with it now.

A good deal of my shift in mood has to do with the practice I had with my band last night.  Actually, it's not my band, but I play keyboard in it.  It's called the Underground and is sort of a Christian rock/blues group.  We spent two hours last night practicing for the Blues Fest this weekend in Marquette.  We are going to be playing on Sunday at noon.  The music last night really lifted my spirits, took me out of myself, reminded me that my problems really aren't all that bad. 

If you're in Marquette, Michigan, this Labor Day weekend, stop by the Lower Harbor and enjoy some great music with Saint Marty.  He'll be the one with the halo behind the keyboard.

I really need a cool Blues name...

No comments:

Post a Comment