Thursday, September 8, 2011

September 8: Attitude and Honest Friends

My friend Wonder Twin told me this afternoon that I need to stop complaining in my blog.  I believe her exact words were, "Ever since you got back from vacation, you've been very negative."  She even suggested I may be going through male menopause.

My first reaction was knee-jerk.  I wanted to defend my recent attitude, attribute it to exhaustion or overwork or financial worries or Republicans.

My second reaction was remorse.  I didn't realize my recent posts have been so...so...whiny.

My third reaction was acceptance.  Yes, having reviewed some of my recent blogs, I admit it.  I've been a little down in the dumps, and dragging all of my disciples into the pit of despair with me.

My fourth (and current) reaction is a vow to change.  I promise to make an effort to be more positive in my outlook and posts.  I will try to keep my bitching to a minimum, and, if I feel it necessary to bitch, I will temper said bitching with a healthy dose of self-deprecating humor.  My natural character tends to be a bit on the dark side.  I will have to keep a very close eye on myself.

Hopefully, I have not turned too many people off blog.  Stay tuned for a definite change (even though I hate change).  It won't be all puppies and rainbows, but I will guarantee something a little lighter every once in a while.  Maybe puppies and compost.

Saint Marty is going to try to turn over a new leaf.  Just in time for autumn.

Let's blame my bad mood on her

No comments:

Post a Comment