Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September 6: School, Date Night, Poetry

I'll have my disciples know that I'm typing this post while I'm on a date with my wife.  Tuesday is our usual date night, and (since money is tight and I've been having computer issues) she agreed to let me get caught up on my blogging.  We did have some Asian take-out for dinner, so it hasn't been all about Saint Marty.

My daughter's first day of school was "awesome" (her words, not mine).  She got on the bus this morning at 7:25 a.m. without a hitch.  She found out several of her friends are riding the bus, as well, so I don't have to worry about her being the kid in the backseat that everyone ignores.  After I walked her to the bus stop, I went home and made her some oatmeal butterscotch cookies.  They're her favorite, and I've made them for her on each of her first days of school since kindergarten.  By the time I got home from teaching at the college this evening, she'd eaten almost all of them.

I do have a new poem I'm working on, but it is not finished yet.  I find myself in the position right now of letting other obligations take priority over my poetry.  I have to stop letting that happen.  Two new poems a week is my goal, and I'm going to strive to meet it.  Therefore, expect a new poem tomorrow.  I'm not promising it will be a good poem, but I will post a poem.

I'm not looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow morning after this extended weekend break.  It's going to be T-U-F-F.  That's right, I said "Tuff" with a capital "T."

Saint Marty is going to need massive Mountain Dew tomorrow.

I'll be at the bottom, if you're looking for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment