Friday, September 14, 2012

Setember 14: My Bacon Number

So, I've been playing a new Google game--Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon.  Basically, you choose an actor, say John Wayne, and, on the Google search box, type, "bacon number John Wayne."  Within a few seconds, Google returns how many moves separate your actor from Kevin Bacon, connecting them through movies.  John Wayne's bacon number is 2:  John Wayne and Robert Duvall appeared in True Grit, and Robert Duvall and Kevin Bacon appeared in Jayne Mansfield's Car.

It may not sound like fun, but it's really addicting.  I have not been able to get past 3 for any actor's bacon number so far.  Just for kicks, I tried to figure out my bacon number.  I typed in the name of one of the celebrities I've met:  Alec Baldwin.  Well, Alec's bacon number is 1.  He was in She's Having a Baby with Kevin Bacon.  That makes my bacon number 2.  Not bad for a poet with only one book to his credit and no National Book Award or Pulitzer.

Saint Marty needs some eggs to go with his bacon.

Bacon number 2--beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment