Sunday, September 16, 2012

September 16: Halloween Costumes, Pumpkin, New Cartoon

Yesterday, my daughter was online, looking at Halloween costumes.  She's not sure what she wants to be.  I suggested Hermione from Harry Potter (she has the hair for it), but one of her friends is already going to be Hermione.  We looked at princesses and sorceresses.  We looked at witches and vampiresses.  We didn't find anything that caught her attention.  We're still on the hunt.

Speaking of Halloween, I just watered my pumpkin plant about an hour ago.  I have one pumpkin that has any chance of being a jack-o-lantern.  Actually, I'm deluding myself.  If I'm lucky, I will have a decorative squash by the time All Hallow's Eve is upon us.  After nearly four months of watering and fertilizing and pruning and weeding, I will have one stinking pumpkin the size of a small zucchini or cucumber.

It has been a long day of church-related activities.  Junior choir practice.  Sunday school.  Worship.  Then, in the afternoon, a special worship service at another church for the installation of the new district superintendent for the United Methodist Church.  The bishop was there.  The bishop's entire cabinet was there.  It was a big deal.  And there I was with my band, a little Catholic boy rocking out in front of the Methodist bishop.  It was great.  However, I am completely beat right now.  I barely have the energy to hit "publish" for this post.

Saint Marty is ready for a bowl of Rice Krispies and bed.

Confessions of Saint Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment