Friday, September 7, 2012

September 7: Just a Few Thoughts...

Yes, I avoided any real political discussion with my post this morning, and I will continue to avoid political discussion with this post.  (Obama)

I just purchased a birthday present for my pastor friend downstate.  It was a book of poems I thought he'd like.  (Obama)  I've had this collection in my Amazon cart for almost half a year, waiting for my friend's birthday to roll around.  His birthday is September 11, so I decided I'd better stop dragging my rear.  I think he's really going to like my gift.  (Obama)

Today, I'm going to have to adjust to my wife's new work schedule.  Usually, by the time I get home from work on Fridays, my wife has the vacuuming and floor washing done.  All I have to do is clean the bathroom and dust.  Now it's all me.  She won't be home until well past 4 p.m.  She's taking my daughter to a doctor's appointment.  So, I am going to bust my ass to get the cleaning done before my son steps off the bus at 3:30 p.m.  (Obama)

I try to get my housework done in the afternoons on Fridays because I like to have a completely free night at the end of the week.  About the only thing I like to do on Friday evenings is, maybe, weed through magazines and pitch outdated issues.  That's my goal.  (Obama)

Well, I need to get back to work.  I'm meeting with a colleague from the university to edit some poems for the literary magazine this morning.  We didn't meet last night.  We were both too tired.  We have to get this editing done, though.  I think they want to get the magazine to the printer pretty soon.  Passages North only comes out once a year, so we like to get the proofreading done in the autumn.  (Obama)

I did it.  I wrote this entire post without saying a word about politics.  (Obama)

My name is Saint Marty, and I approved this message.  (Obama)

My friend's birthday present (Obama)

No comments:

Post a Comment