Monday, September 17, 2012

September 17: Still Busy and Getting Busier

This post is a first for me.  I have never brought my laptop to my campus office and blogged before.  However, I have such a busy evening ahead of me, I thought I would make use of my office hour and type my second message in a cyber-bottle today.

It has been a busy day, and it just keeps getting busier.  I didn't get a break at the medical office I work in.  Right now, this moment, is the only chance I will get to take a breath and relax.  After I teach, I have church meetings to attend and chair.  I probably won't get home for good, with my feet on the couch, until about 8:30 this evening (if I'm lucky).  I don't mind being busy, but, after this weekend of busyness, I'm still a little beat.

The day seems to reflect my physical state.  It's cold and rainy.  At the moment, it's pouring outside my office window.  I have a view of a grassy hill, and there are no undergrads tromping down the slope with Everest-worthy backpacks slung over their shoulders.  Nope, just umbrellas and a lot of them.  I would take a picture with my iPad to post, but I haven't set up my iPad to work with the university network yet.  Therefore this paragraph of description will have to be this post's image.  Imagine it:  grey sky, rain, green grass, soggy students, and lots of parked cars.  That's my view.

Saint Marty has to run.  Time to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment