Tuesday, September 4, 2012

September 4: Reports of My Exhaustion Have Not Been Greatly Exaggerated

I am really tired this afternoon.  I spent the morning getting my daughter on the bus for her first day of sixth grade.  Then I sped into the office for a few hours.  There's a whole lot of upheaval at work with the new owners of the hospital.  Lots of shifting and rearranging and reorganizing.  Everyone was quite stressed and anxious.  We're all trying to keep our little facility open and functioning.  Translation:  we're all trying to save our jobs.  Then I taught this afternoon (Charlie Chaplin, Orson Welles, and Citizen Kane).  When I got back to the office, there was more shifting and moving to do.

I am beat.  However, it isn't over yet.  I have a meeting at the university tonight at 7 p.m.  I'm not going to get home until well past eight o'clock.  It's going to be a really, really long day.

To paraphrase Mark Twain, the reports of Saint Marty's exhaustion have not been greatly exaggerated.

Sometimes, Sam got it just right

No comments:

Post a Comment