Thursday, September 6, 2012

September 6: One of Those Days

I am having one of those days.  The kind that feels like it's going to go on forever.

Up at 4 a.m.  At work 5 a.m.  Department meetings.  Phone calls.  E-mails to answer.  Teaching.  More phone calls.  More meetings.  Done with the office at 5 p.m.  Classroom orientation for my three-year-old son, 6 p.m.  Then, maybe, a two-mile run.  Son to bed, approximately 7:30 p.m.  Eight o'clock, edit poems for the university's literary magazine with a university colleague.  Done, hopefully, by 9 p.m.  Perhaps a half hour of TV down time.  Something mindless--a rerun of The Mary Tyler Moore Show or All in the Family.  Bed by 10 p.m.  Don't forget to set the alarm for 4 a.m., so I can get up and do it all over again.

This kind of schedule is pretty normal for me.  I'm feeling a little unhinged today, however, and I haven't even hit the second part of my evening yet.  I just want to be done.  Done, done, done.

Saint Marty's a little stressed.

They really do

No comments:

Post a Comment