Monday, September 24, 2012

September 24: Keeping Ahead of Things

Yes, that title pretty much says it all.  I have been running a race all day long, trying to keep up with all my work in the medical office.  My coworker is officially on maternity leave, so, for the next three months, I am the only show in town.  If I fall behind in scheduling or charging or anything, I am sunk.  Thus, today, I have been a slave to the FAX machine and my computer.  It has kind of sucked, but it has also made the day pretty much fly by.

The other element of my day that has helped my disposition has been Singin' in the Rain.  While sitting at my desk, putting together charts and answering phones, I have been re-watching that great musical, preparing for my film classes this week.  Yes, I am the master of multi-tasking.  I defy anyone to watch that movie and not be in a good mood.  I just finished the scene where Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor, and Debbie Reynolds sing "Good Mornin'."  I was literally smiling through the entire song.

Perhaps I'm off-balanced.  Perhaps I'm tired from watching the Emmy Awards last night.  Perhaps I'm being nostalgic for my childhood, when MGM movie musicals were a staple in my home. 

Whatever the reason, Saint Marty's toes are tapping, and he's whistling away.  Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment