Tuesday, February 25, 2014

February 25: Guard Them, Daniel, Prayer Intention

The children grabbed each other by the hand and danced off in the direction of the merry-go-round, toward the wonderful music and the wonderful adventure and the wonderful excitement, into the wonderful midway where there would be no parents to guard them and guide them, and where they could be happy and free and do as they pleased...

Wonderful excitement
 I know you're all expecting my prayer intention to be about my job situation.  Of course, I spent most of today fretting and worrying.  That is who I am.  I can't deny that.  However, I have a good friend with a grandson who needs a lot of prayer.

As a parent, I watch my daughter and son go out into the world every day, to school or dance class or the merry-go-round.  I can't stop my kids from dancing off toward wonderful music and wonderful adventures and wonderful excitement.  No matter how much I want to protect them from all the dangers that exist in the Fair Ground of the world, I know that's impossible.  All I can do is kiss them, tell them how much I love them, and pray they come home safe and whole.

I have a friend whose teenaged grandson was hit by a car last summer.  Daniel suffered a traumatic brain injury.  Over the last six or seven months, he's been going to physical therapy.  Daniel isn't getting better.  In fact, he's deteriorating.  Now, he's being sent to a treatment center in downstate Michigan in hopes of some kind of miracle.

Daniel is my prayer intention.  Please, pray for Daniel this week.  Pray that he finds the help he needs.  Pray for healing of his injured mind.  And pray for his parents.

Despite all the personal problems he's encountered this week, Saint Marty is still a very lucky man.


No comments:

Post a Comment