Friday, February 21, 2014

February 21: Undecking the Halls

My wife and I took down our Christmas tree this afternoon.  Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking.  We should have left it up until Easter.  However, it was time, even though the snow's still flying and it's colder than the North Pole tonight. 

It's actually really early for us to take down our Christmas tree.  We usually don't undeck our halls until March or April.  It's not laziness.  It's a love of everything yuletide.  I listen to Christmas music all year long.  Bing Crosby singing "White Christmas" makes me feel...happy, warm, calm.  My five loyal readers know that very few things calm me down.

Christmas music.  Bailey's Irish Cream mixed with hot chocolate.  A Robert Frost poem.

A perfect night for Saint Marty:  "Do You Hear What I Hear?" on his radio.  A mug of spiked hot cocoa in his hands.  And miles to go before he sleeps.  Miles to go before he sleeps...

Fa la la la la

No comments:

Post a Comment