Thursday, February 20, 2014

February 20: No Snow Yet

I'm sitting in my office at the university, waiting for my daughter's dance class to be over.  I've been watching the weather reports all day long.  The snow was supposed to start at 4 p.m.  It is now 7:19 p.m., and there is nary a flake in the air.  Yet.  I'm grateful for that.

It's funny.  Being an almost life-long resident of the Upper Peninsula, I feel entitled to complain about the weather here on the shores of Lake Superior.  But I get annoyed with non-Yoopers who bitch about the U. P. winters.  My usual response is, "If you don't like snow, you've picked the wrong place to live."

That's not to say I'm not going to wake up tomorrow morning, look at the tundra of my front yard, and think to myself, "Why do I live here?'

Saint Marty is allowed to think that.  He's a Yooper.  He even had a pasty for lunch today.

This is good eatin'.  You betcha.

No comments:

Post a Comment