Wednesday, February 19, 2014

February 19: Sick Son and Winter Storm

My son came home from school today sick.  He threw up on the playground.  Of course, he wasn't acting too sick this evening when I gave him his bath and fed him mac and cheese for dinner.  He was acting like a five-year-old who's been cooped up in a house all day long, forced to relax and recuperate.  He's not going to school tomorrow.  He can't.  He has to be puke-free for 24 hours before he can return to his classroom.

Tomorrow, a winter storm is supposed to blow into the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  I don't know how bad it's going to be.  I've heard six inches.  I've heard twelve inches.  I've heard freezing rain.  I've heard 35 mile per hour winds.  But I've also heard that the storm is tracking west and is going to totally miss us.

That's basically Saint Marty's day in a nutshell:  snow and vomit.

This makes me want to puke

No comments:

Post a Comment