Monday, February 24, 2014

February 24: Displacement, Exhaustion, "Web" Dip

Well, this morning I found out that I'm being "displaced" from my job in the medical office.  Some change in policies, and now I have three months to find another position within the organization.  Organization.  That's what the managers and vice presidents and CEOs and CFOs call the huge health care system for which I work.  I don't really want to work for this organization any more, but I need to make money and have insurance.

I'm still adjusting to the news.  I've moved from sheer panic to incredibly pissed.  I told my wife when I called her with the news that it feels like God's been kicking me in the ass for about 14 or 15 months now.  If I knew the meaning behind my divine ass-kicking, I'd probably be a little more accepting of this whole situation.  But I can't seem to get a break.  Ever.

There's not going to be a silver lining to this post.  Sorry, folks.  I'm not going to try to make a silk purse out of this sow's ear.  My goal today is to make it through my film class and my poetry workshop without going completely crazy.  Then I'm going to go home and go to bed.  I'm exhausted.

My question for this Web dip Monday is:

Are things ever going to get easy for me?

And E. B. White's answer is:

...The cool and kindly breath of evening entered through doors and windows.  Astride her web, Charlotte sat moodily eating and horsefly and thinking about the future...

Well, that's not really an answer.  More like a description of how Saint Marty's feeling at the moment, minus the horsefly.

I'm not sure if I'm the spider or the fly

No comments:

Post a Comment