Friday, February 14, 2014

February 14: A Love Poem from Saint Teresa

I won't spend much time introducing tonight's poem.  I just want to wish you all a happy Valentine's Day.  May love and happiness grace your lives.

Saint Marty gives you a poem by Saint Teresa this evening.  From one saint to another...

If, Lord, Thy Love for Me Is Strong

If, Lord, Thy love for me is strong
As this which binds me unto Thee,
What holds me from Thee, Lord, so long,
What holds Thee, Lord, so long from me?
O soul, what then desirest thou?
--Lord, I would see, who thus choose Thee,
What fears can yet assail thee now?
--All that I fear is to lose Thee.
Love's whole possession I entreat,
Lord, make my soul Thine own abode,
And I will build a nest so sweet
It may not be too poor for God.
O soul in God hidden from sin,
What more desires for thee remain,
Save but to love, and love again,
And all on flame with love within,
Love on, and turn to love again?

Ecstasy of Saint Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment