Wednesday, October 9, 2013

October 9: Nobel Prize Announcement

It is Nobel week in Sweden.  The winners of this year's Nobel Prizes are being announced.  Tomorrow morning, the winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature will be announced.

In the a.m., I will be sitting at my computer, watching everything live at the Swedish Academy.  Last year, just when the Permanent Secretary of the Swedish Academy was going to announce the winner's name, the broadcast froze up.  I never heard the name.  I found out later by checking the news reports.

I'm hoping it's some author I like who wins the Prize.  Someone caring and talented and humble.  Someone who's up-and-coming instead of down-and-going.  Someone like...You can finish that thought.

Saint Marty has to go write his acceptance speech.

I think I'll look good next to Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment