Thursday, October 31, 2013

October 31: Rain Like a Bastard, Happy Halloween, Tricks and Treats

Boy, it began to rain like a bastard.  In buckets, I swear to God...

As Holden says above, it's raining like a bastard right now.  It's around 9:30 p.m. on Halloween night.  It has been a long day of holiday festivities.  Costume parades.  Tricks and treats.  Ferrying my kids from one friend's house to another friend's house.  My son was so tired that I had to carry him from my car to the house.  My daughter, remarkably, had an unmoody day.  No surprise tantrums.  No whining and crying at bedtime.  When we got home, she watched the Great Pumpkin and Charlie Brown.  Then she took a shower and went to bed.  No drama, whatsoever.

Me, I'm sitting in my living room, listening to the rain on the window behind me.  I'm beat.  I'm ready for this day to be over and for things to return to normal.  I'm also ready to raid my kids' Halloween candy in search of a Milky Way.

Tomorrow is the first day of November.  Thanksgiving month.  On Saturday, I'm going to clean out my front porch and put up my Christmas decorations.  That's right, I said Christmas.  I don't believe in waiting until the last minute.  In fact, my goal is to be the first person on our street ready for Christmas, inside and out.

Saint Marty isn't competitive.  He just loves making his neighbors feel inadequate.

My two little ghosts

No comments:

Post a Comment