Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October 8: Shut-off Notice to Shut-off Notice

I don't know if any of you guys have ever lived from shut-off notice to shut-off notice, but I'm here to tell you that it's no fun.

It seems like all we do right now is move from one financial crisis (the water bill or mortgage) to another financial crisis (the gas bill or electric bill).  It's kind of a draining way to live.  I understand why the workers who are on furlough because of the government shutdown are so worried.  If Congress drags this thing out much longer, those workers are never going to be able to dig themselves out of their economic holes.

I want to get a little ahead.  Not a lot.  A little.  Enough so that I don't dread looking through the mail or answering the phone.  I want to breathe easy for a little while.  I don't think that's asking a whole lot.  No more shut-off notices.  No more red letters in the mail.  (Yes, some companies do send shut-off notices on red stationery.)

Saint Marty wants a nest egg, not a goose egg, in his savings account.

Where do I find one of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment