Monday, October 7, 2013

October 7: In a Rush, Between Office and Class, Magic 8-Ball

I will admit at the outset of this post that I am in a rush.  I have been in my office at the university for a little over two hours, and I haven't accomplished a whole lot.  It's one of those days where I seem to be working all the time, and nothing really gets done.  I hate days like this.

I will probably not even proofread this post before I publish it.  I don't have that much time.  So, if there are glaring typos or misplaced punctuation marks or misspelled words, blame it on the time crunch I'm under.  I have to teach my Intro to Film class about 2001:  A Space Odyssey in T-minus 25 minutes.

It's going to be a crazy week for me.  My daughter is in a special musical program at school.  She's dancing with the dance team at a football game on Wednesday night.  Thursday is normal.  And then Friday, we head off to the Wisconsin Dells for a dance convention.  If I am still sane by the end of these next seven days, it will be a miracle.

My question for the Magic Holden 8-Ball is:

Will I still be sane in seven days?

And the answer from J. D. Salinger is:

"I'd like to--I really would," I said.  "But I have a bad leg.  I have to hold it in a certain position.  I think I'd better sit down in the chair outside their door."

There you have.  I really would like to be sane in seven days, but I have a bad brain.  I have to hold it in a certain position.


Saint Marty will just sit down in a chair and wait for the guys in the white coats to come and get him and his pal, Harvey.  You know, the big white rabbit?

Me and my buddy.  I'm the one in the suit, looking like Jimmy Stewart.

No comments:

Post a Comment