Monday, April 9, 2012

April 9: "Carol" Dip Monday, Taxes, Job Interview

If it's Monday, it must be time for another Carol dip.  My question is directly related to an appointment I have this morning with my tax person.  That's right, I haven't done my taxes yet.  There's a reason for this fact:  the tax return money has to help me pay the bills through the summer.  If I had my taxes done in January or February, like most people, my tax return money would already be gone.  That would be bad.

My wife also has a job interview this morning at 9 a.m.  She's probably already on the road.  I'm hoping it goes well for her.  She needs a little shot of self-esteem right now.  She's been in short supply of it for a while.  If you think of it, send some positive thoughts/prayers her way.

So, getting down to business, my question this morning is:

Are we going to get enough tax return money to make it through the summer?

And the answer from the book of Carol is:

In time the bells ceased, and the bakers were shut up; and yet there was a genial shadowing forth of all these dinners and the progress of their cooking, in the thawed blotch of wet above each baker's oven; where the pavement smoked as if its stones were cooking too.

Well, that's a pretty pleasant passage, taking place in the stave about the Ghost of Christmas Present.  Aside from the final stave of the novel, this one is the most happy, filled with parties and laughter and love.  I can almost feel the Ghost standing over me, sprinkling my head with yuletide joy from his torch.  Therefore, I'm going to interpret this answer as a big, fat "yes."  There's going to be abundance of warmth and gladness in the coming summer months.

That was relatively easy and painless.  I actually like my answer.

Saint Marty couldn't ask for a better start to his day.

Lay some goodness on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment