Thursday, April 26, 2012

April 26: Finals Finalized, Book Clubbing, Poetry All 'Round

Well, all my finals have been finalized.  Now, I just have a crapload of grading to do this weekend.  I've already begun grading, and I must say that the scores are much higher than I thought they were going to be.  That means one of two things:  1) the final exam was way too easy, or 2) I am the greatest teacher in the world.  Let's go with option number two.

I'm getting ready for book clubbing now.  My wife put the house in order this morning.  She even cooked our contribution for dinner.  Basically, I have to throw the casserole in the oven to heat up, give my son a bath and get him ready for bed, and put out the plates and silverware.  I've already assembled my book club discussion guide.  I'm in pretty fine shape.

It will be a great night of poetry.  I've been rereading Thomas Lynch's poems, and he really is a fine writer.  Doesn't hurt that he's also Catholic.  Lots of Latin phrases and prayers.

Poetry all 'round for Saint Marty tonight.

It could be verse.  Get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment