Monday, April 16, 2012

April 16: Decorating for Spring in a Snow Storm

I've had a fairly productive day.  I've checked quite a few tasks off my list already:
  • Prayer and devotions--done
  • Morning blog post--done
  • Type up agenda and minutes for Worship Meeting--done
  • Work on job description for church--done
  • Correct quizzes--done
  • Record grades--done
  • Take down Easter decorations in the medical office--done
  • Put up Spring decorations in the medical office--done
  • Put together lesson plan--done
  • Work on Project Memoir--done
  • Afternoon blog post--almost done
I'm impressing myself, and I don't impress easily.  The fact that I actually got to do some writing this afternoon should indicate my level of energy and focus today.

Right now, it's snowing outside.  Hard, needling snow.  The kind that hurts when it hits your skin.  The wind is howling, and these little chunks of ice are pounding sideways through the air.  The fact that I just put up all the decorations for Spring in the medical office seems a little ironic.  I'm surrounded by flowers and birds and birdhouses inside, and I'm surrounding by gun-metal sky and wind and ice and snow outside.  That's pretty much par for the course in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  When I left for work this morning, the temperature was close to 50 degrees.  It's probably around 20 degrees at the moment.

Well, I just spoke with my wife.  Remember how I got an e-mail rejection this morning from a poetry editor?  My wife received a rejection letter from the business she interviewed with last Monday.  It's pretty much rejection all 'round for our family this Monday.  I think that's the reason I've gotten so much accomplished today.  I'm pissed.

Saint Marty would like a little helping of ice cream and hot fudge to go along with his failure.

I wish I'd thought of this cartoon...

1 comment:

  1. I live in Florida so I'm not going to tell you what the temperature is outside right now.

    I'd make a joke about all of the rejection letters I've gotten, like my other poetry friends do, but with me - they kind of hurt. Ouch. Ha.

    I have icecream in my freezer man! It's a bit of a drive, but stop on by.

    ReplyDelete