Friday, April 13, 2012

April 13: End of Friday the 13th, Poetry, Saint Martin

Well, I'm sitting at McDonald's with my son and wife, waiting for my daughter to get done at the dance studio.  It's been a heckuva day, and it's not even close to being over.  Once I get home and put away my groceries and give my son a bath and put him to bed, I still have to clean my house.  I didn't clean last week because it was Easter.  I had too much to do.  This week, I have no excuse.

The poetry with the fifth graders went really well this morning.  I got the greatest compliment from my daughter when I picked her up after school.  She came up to me, kissed me, and said, "Everyone thought you were really cool."  High praise indeed..

My sister sent me an e-mail this evening, telling me that today is the feast of Saint Martin.  The real Saint Martin, who was a pope and martyr.  Of course, the real Saint Martin didn't have a blog or an iPad.  What he had was a really cool name and, I imagine, a pretty kickin' wardrobe.  I've always liked the papal mitre.  I look good in hats.

Saint Marty is going to have to settle for being "really cool" and a cheap beret.

Yes, but can he pull off a beret?

No comments:

Post a Comment