Friday, April 20, 2012

April 20: Another Night at McDonald's, Dance, Drawings

Well, here I sit at McDonald's on Friday night again, waiting for my daughter to be finished with her dance classes.  My hooligan son is running around the play area, and I am staring at the remnants of the meal we just demolished. 

I'm also trying to restore the settings on my iPad that my son somehow managed to demolish this afternoon.  Here's a good rule to follow:  never let a three-year-old play around on your iPad unsupervised.  In thirty seconds, that three-year-old can do things to your iPad that will take you hours to fix.  I'm more than a little annoyed at the moment.  I'm actually going to have to ask my eleven-year-old daughter to restore my settings for me.

All this week, I've been trying to do my artwork to accompany my poetry.  I have a couple more pen drawings to share with you this weekend.  Now, I have to figure out how to mount and frame my poems and art together.  I have to enlist the services of my sister for that stage of the process.  She's really good at stuff like that.

It has been a fairly long day.  Still have to clean my house tonight.  For some reason, I can't seem to relax on the weekend when the cleaning isn't done.  I look around the room and just see work to do.  My wife was kind enough to clean the bathroom for me this afternoon.  That's a blessing.

Saint Marty doesn't have to scrub any toilets tonight.
I love me a clean toilet!

1 comment:

  1. My place is a disaster. This weekend I'm going to whip through like a tornado though.

    ReplyDelete