Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2: Being Tough, Stations of the Cross, The End

At the start of this Holy Week (and conclusion of Lent), I don't feel like I've done a whole lot of preparation for Easter.  I haven't even gotten ten pages of Project Memoir completed, and my prayer life has been more of a prayer death these last 40 or so days.  Tonight, I have to go to church to host the Stations of the Cross for people who want to come and meditate.  Perhaps I'll get something out of that.

I had to be tough today with my mythology students.  Motivation has been a huge struggle for this particular class.  I opened the discussion this afternoon with a fear-of-God lecture.  That's where I tell them, without naming names, that some people are in danger of failure due to poor attendance.  Then I say something like, "If you lose your 100 attendance points out of a 500-point semester, you start with 400 points.  If you're perfect.  That's a B-."  Pause for dramatic effect.  "None of you are perfect."  I find it wakes some people up.

It has been one of those really busy days where I don't feel like I've accomplished shit.  I hate days like this.  At the end of a busy day, I want to have something to show for it.

All Saint Marty has to show for today is a headache and the taste of onion in his mouth.  (He had a hamburger for lunch.)

What I have to show for this day...

No comments:

Post a Comment