Friday, January 27, 2012

January 27: Shopping, Waiting, Wanting

Apply within
Well, I just finished my weekly grocery shopping at Wal-Mart.  I used to enjoy my trips to that emporium of capitalistic slave labor, but I'm not as fond of them anymore.  As the budget tightens, trips to Wal-Mart, or any place that involves the expenditure of money, become less appealing.  Also, being aware of how crappy Wal-Mart employees are treated on a first-hand basis, I've started to view the store as Dante's tenth circle of hell.

I'm currently waiting for my daughter to finish up her dance classes tonight.  I was a horrible father.  I forgot to grab her dance bag when we left the house.  Therefore, she had to go to her tap class without any tap shoes.  She was not happy with me, especially when I told her that she needed to be more responsible for her stuff.  That comment earned me a grunt and a car door slam.  She'll be over it by the time I pick her up.

Tonight, I'm wanting something special to happen.  I don't know what that something special is.  It would be nice if the people from Publisher's Clearing House showed up on my doorstep with a check.  Considering I didn't even enter the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes, the chances of that happening are pretty slim.  Therefore, I need to aim a little lower. I'm thinking a nap and maybe some ice cream are more within the realm of possibility.  However, I would accept a call from the Swedish Academy telling me I've won the first ever Nobel Prize for Blogging, as well.  Either way, it's a win-win in the "something special" category.

Saint Marty needs to go pick up his grumpy daughter now.

No comments:

Post a Comment