Thursday, January 19, 2012

January 19: Great Teaching Day, Werewolves, Great Floods

I had a great teaching day.  The students were engaged.  I was having fun.  We talked about the creation of the world, werewolves, Great Flood myths.  The class time just flew by.  Before I knew it, it was 3:30 p.m., and the students were looking like they had planes to catch or roasts burning in their ovens.  I just thank God this mythology class has gotten off to such a good start this semester. Today reminded me of why I love teaching.

American Idol is on again tonight, and my daughter and I have a date.  We're going to have a great time.  It will be a great way to end the day.  I wish my days consisted of just teaching classes at the university and coming home.  It would be heaven.  Instead, I'll be dragging myself out of bed tomorrow morning at 4 a.m.  I'll spend the morning cleaning, putting together medical charts, and answering phones.  My heart isn't in this part of my life.  It hasn't been in this part of my life for a while.  But this part of my life pays the bills and helps keep my family healthy.

Saint Marty is tired, and he wants to live the dream.

Says it all

No comments:

Post a Comment