Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23: Long, Snowy Day

It has been one long, snowy day.

Basically, every event that could have been cancelled today was cancelled.  All the schools in the Upper Peninsula were shut down.  The university cancelled its evening classes, as well.  I left work early because I didn't want to fight the traffic and the snow and the ice at 5 p.m.  Turns out, the weather wasn't that bad when I decided to leave.  The highway was pretty much cleared.  The side streets, however, were completely plugged with snow.

I spent the rest of the day shovelling, playing with my son, and cooking dinner.  I'm beat.  I barely remembered to type this post.  I knew as soon as I opened my laptop that I wasn't going to be able to come up with anything witty or entertaining.  Pretty much, you're going to have to settle for this fairly lame diary entry.  I usually try to avoid writing posts like this.  I find them tedious to read, and not much better to write.

So I won't torture you anymore.  I'm done.  My mind is spent, and my mind is spent.  Yes, I did say that twice.  I'm just too tired to go back and edit.

That's all Saint Marty has.  Take it or leave it.

Too tired to care

No comments:

Post a Comment