Monday, January 16, 2012

January 16: A Good Day, A Good Class, "Antiques Roadshow"

It has been a very good day.  My first mythology class of the week went really well.  The students were talking, laughing, listening.  It was almost as if they cared about what I had to say.  I know it's only the first day, and things may change drastically.  But, for the first class of the semester, I left the room feeling like a teacher instead of a study hall monitor.

This evening I went to an open house at my daughter's dance studio.  I've watched my daughter grow from an awkward, five-year-old in pink tights into a confident, graceful dancer.  She was the best in the class, and I'm not saying that just because I'm her father.  She had the moves down cold and obviously loved what she was doing.

Anybody want to give me a bid?
Now, I'm sitting, watching Antiques Roadshow.  I believe this particular episode is set in Minnesota.  Haven't seen anything really impressive yet.  A $25,000 carpet.  And $15,000 Russian landscape.  So, those two items, combined, are worth about as much as my house.  I wonder how much I could get for my vintage action doll from the movie Alien.

Saint Marty is having a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment