Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January 18: "American Idol," Daddy/Daughter Night

I miss Simon...
It has been a pretty long day.  Long day of work.  Long day of teaching.  Long day of staying awake.  I'm a little tired tonight.  Actually, I'm more than a little tired tonight.  I'm sitting in my living room, watching the first episode of this season's American Idol.  It's a daddy/daughter thing.  We both love the show.  We love the good singers, but we also love the really, really bad ones, as well.

My son is feeling much better tonight.  He hasn't thrown up since last night, and he had ravioli for breakfast.  I won't have to clean any vomit out of my son's hair this evening.  At least, that's my hope.

I'm almost through my first week of teaching.  Tomorrow afternoon, at about 4 p.m., I will have survived.  I know I've said this before, but I've always felt a little bit like a fraud in the classroom.  It's not that I don't have the qualifications to do what I do.  It's that I never feel like I'm good enough to do what I do.  I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's class, however, because one of my favorite students I've ever taught is in the class.  She took writing and literature from me a couple of years ago, and we've kept in touch.  She's been watching, waiting for me to teach mythology.  I just hope I don't disappoint her.

Well, the auditions are continuing, and Saint Marty wants to kick back.  As Ryan says, "This is American Idol!"

No comments:

Post a Comment