Wednesday, July 2, 2014

July 2: Places to Publish Chapbooks

I spent two hours tonight looking for a place to submit my new poetry chapbook.  There ain't a whole lot of options.

Poetry chapbooks are strange creatures.  They're red-headed stepchildren.  Nobody wants to invite them to the palace for the dance.  They just sort of exist somewhere between "I think I'm writing a book" and "I'm almost done with my book."  That's what I have.  A middle child of a manuscript.

I did find a chapbook competition I'm going to enter when I cobble together the entry fee.  I've got until the end of the month.  Twenty dollars is a lot of money in a week when I have to shell out $600 to fix the brakes on my car.

Saint Marty may have to sell his body to enter this contest.  Anybody out there need a pancreas or kidney?

Hey, sailor, can I interest you in a poetry chapbook?

No comments:

Post a Comment