Tuesday, July 22, 2014

July 22: Future is Assured, Tara's Good News, Prayer of Thankfulness

"A little tired, perhaps.  But I feel peaceful.  Your success in the ring this morning was, to a small degree, my success.  Your future is assured.  You will live, secure and safe, Wilbur.  Nothing can harm you now..."

At the end of the book, Charlotte is happy.  She has accomplished her goal.  Wilbur's life is saved.  He will grow old and, eventually, die of natural causes.  Then he will be turned into smoked bacon and ribs.


I have written about a young girl named Tara a couple of times in the last month.  Doctors had diagnosed Tara with thyroid cancer.  Instead of worrying about college applications this summer, she has been contemplating chemotherapy and radiation treatments.  Tara has not had a great summer.

Well, this Sunday, Tara told me that she had more tests done.  All the tests came back negative.  Tara is cancer free.  She will still be undergoing a radioactive iodine treatment.  I assume it is a prophylactic measure.  But Tara can return to being a normal teenager soon.

That is worth a prayer of thankfulness.  God has worked a miracle in Tara's life.  I want to thank all of my disciples who have prayed for her.  Sometimes it feels like the conversations I have with God rise up into the ether and disappear.  Tara is living proof that God is listening.

Saint Marty is very thankful tonight for answered prayer.

Now this would be answered prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment