Tuesday, November 19, 2013

November 19: Ten-Thirty, Finished, Prayer

It was around ten-thirty, I guess, when I finished it.  I wasn't tired, though, so I looked out the window for a while...

Holden's talking about writing an essay for his roommate, Stradlater.  As I've said before, writing is easy for Holden.  He doesn't struggle at all.


I've been struggling quite a bit writing my Christmas essay this year.  I've been struggling with my subject, my structure, my transitions.  Today, I realized that I had the wrong title.  That's right.  I said title.  Titles are very important to my writing process.  They focus me, keep me on track.  If I don't have a title, I can't even start writing, whether it's a poem, short story, essay, or blog post.

I think I have the right title now, and a good structure.  I'm on my way to completion.  But I still could use some help.

Dear God,

You know about my writing struggles this past week, and You know my deadline is looming.   I don't have much time left.

So, I'm asking for inspiration.  I'm asking for You to help me finish my Christmas essay.  You gave me a new title earlier today.  Now, I need to get 'er done.  I'm at three pages and counting.  I need to wrap it up.

Help me to see my way to the conclusion tonight.  I'll follow where You lead me.

Your trusting child,

Saint Marty

What did I do with my club?

No comments:

Post a Comment