Monday, May 20, 2013

May 20: Meet Saint Marty and His Friends

I'm still crazy busy, but I wanted to use my second post of the day to invite anyone and everyone to Peter White Library in Marquette tonight.  Some fellow writers and I are going to be reading selections from The Way North, a new anthology of Upper Peninsula writers.  There will be poetry.  There will be fiction and nonfiction.  There will be people in costume.  (I've heard rumors of someone coming dressed as a hockey goalie, but don't hold me to that.)  And, afterward, there will be book signing.

The festivities kick off at 7 p.m. this evening.  Actually, the festivities are kicking off a little earlier than that for me.  I'm meeting a friend for drinks at 6 p.m.  Then I'm going out for drinks after the reading, as well.  Any disciple who's in Marquette, Michigan, tonight should stop on by.

You don't get many chances to meet a living, breathing saint.  Saint Marty promises to be on his best behavior.

Fun, fun, fun at Peter White

No comments:

Post a Comment